Sunday, February 15, 2009

After All Have Gone To Bed



How Do You End Or Begin Your Days?

As much as I would like to say that I am a morning person, I am just not! I happen to enjoy the late hours of the day when everyone has snuggled up in bed and have fallen off to sleep. This is when I find my quiet time. I take a hot shower/bath, find something good to sip on/snack upon, light a candle, grab my favorite floral/thrifted sheet and nestle in to the corner of my couch. Usually you can find me in this spot up until about 2am blogging, working, budgeting, dreaming, watching either the food network, nick-at-nite or some random movie. I find total peace at night. I have always been that way ever since high school! My favorite is to have a cup of chai and something sweet to keep my taste buds company while I write.

I think it is crucial for all mothers...anyone really, to find that special time within the day as well as a special place that you can just be at peace. A place to daydream, a place to feel inspired. Whether it is morning, night, or mid-day!

8 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. I get the kids off to bed and try and blog and thnk about me for awhile. In between bugging them to pick up their toys, cleaning and cooking meals sometimes I feel totally lost. If I didn't have those few precious hours during the day of me time, I swear I would loose my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blog is lovely! And I agree - as the mother of four ranging in age from 2yrs to 8yrs, I have learned to find my special time and treasure it. Like you I'm naturally a night owl, but I'm trying to retrain my body to accept early morning hours since I must get up early to get the older kids ready to start their day anyway. Whenever it is, that quiet, alone time is sacred and helps me keep it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I found you my twitter friend! I like your blog too! I am a huge fan of Chai Tea. I have a mickey mouse tea pot sitting on my stove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving this blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i came over for a look-see bc of twitter...and yes, what a delight! i don't do tea much...love coffee, but it's not the best night time deal. i'll take an advil and stupid tv anytime though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading your inspiring twitter posts, I have reverted back to drinking tea at night a practice I used to do in high school. After the little one is in bed, i usually read blogs I love, such as yours and work on client projects while catching up on trash tv or friends on facebook. trying to get really on a schedule with washing the face and having a beauty regime as well. one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually crash at night. I'm definitely a morning person. I like to wake up way before everyone else so that I can work and reconnect with myself. By the way...I love your blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely a morning person, although I have struggled a bit with this lately. I look forward to the hour alone connecting with myself.

    ReplyDelete